During each quarter of the year, Sereno Group’s Coastal Offices in Santa Cruz and Aptos choose two recipients to receive a grant from Sereno’s 1% for Good Charitable Foundation. Each agent has the opportunity to donate 1% of their commissions to the 1% for Good Program which means that it is 100% agent funded. Since 2012, Sereno agents across the Bay Area have donated over $2.8 million to over 193 local organizations!
In March of 2020, when the COVID-19 outbreak began, Sereno Group switched gears of their 1% For Good Program to better support their community in a time of need. They introduced the COVID-19 Relief Fund with an initial amount of $50,000 that was dispersed through $2,000 grants to various organizations.
Here are the organizations that have benefited from the relief fund so far:
- Community Cycles of CA
- Community Serves Agency
- Downtown Streets Team
- Hunger At Home
- Momentum For Mental Health
- Santa Maria Urban Ministry
- Saratoga Area Senior Council
- Second Harvest
- Teen Kitchen Project
- Warming Center Program
- American Sewing Guild, Chapter San Jose
- East Palo Alto Senior Center
- Heart and Home Collaborative
- Loaves & Fishes Family Kitchen
- Operation Freedom Paws
- Santa Cruz Community Health
- Sunnyvale Community Services
- The Art of Yoga Project
- Walnut Avenue Family & Women's Center
- Youth N.O.W.
- American Diabetes Association
- Grace Preschool
- Heading Home Animal Rescue
- Jacob's Heart Children's Cancer Support Services
- Kidpower Teenpower Fullpower
- Loved Twice
- Paws in Need
- Rossinca Heritage School San Jose
- Shop with a Cop
If you know of an organization helping during this challenging time that could use support send them here where they can apply to become a recipient of a grant.
History on the 1% for Good Program
The 1% for Good program originated in the Santa Cruz Sereno Group office out of a desire to help contribute to worthwhile community causes through philanthropic donations. The program has since extended to other Sereno Group branches and offices in the Bay Area, resulting in a joint effort to support and contribute to local communities. Each office independently decides which local organization they will donate 1% of quarterly commissions to, allowing them to find a worthy local cause and donate where it’s needed the most.