My job is to simplify the selling process and make sure you get the HIGHEST POSSIBLE PRICE for your home. I’ve helped dozens of clients achieve their real estate goals across Santa Cruz County since 2011. My in-depth knowledge of the local market and comprehensive marketing plan ensures you won’t be leaving any of your money on the table! To learn more about the selling process, explore below or call me at (831) 515-8582.
QUESTIONS ABOUT SELLING?
Fill out this form and I will be in touch with you shortly!
WORKING RELATIONSHIP & HOME PREPARATION
Let’s get together to discuss the selling process and see if we are a good fit to work together. When we meet, we will determine your key objectives, review the marketing plan, strategize how we will negotiate offers up to the highest possible price, and discuss the right pricing strategy for your home.
You may also want to meet with your tax professional and consider some of the following:
· What am I going to do with my money?
· Who is on title?
· Have I talked to my CPA about selling?
· What taxes will I owe?
· Capital gains?
· 1031 Exchange?
· What are my current loan commitments secured by this property?
· Have I paid my property taxes?
I love selling turnkey, fixer-uppers and everything in between! But getting your home ready to sell can often be very overwhelming!
I will help you prioritize what improvements, if any, will generate the highest return on your investment and can help coordinate and oversee the home prep process to make sure buyers fall in love with your house.
1) Order Inspections - The most common inspections performed are the home, pest, and sewer lateral inspections. You can find a list of my trusted inspectors here. If any issues are found during these inspections, you can choose to disclose and repair them or only disclose the issues. Any issues disclosed upfront cannot be negotiated later in escrow by the buying party, therefore, I find it very beneficial to perform inspections at this time.
2) Complete Planned Improvements - Before professional photos are taken and your home goes on the market, you’ll want to complete any planned improvements such as landscaping, cleaning, painting, or new flooring. View a list of my preferred vendors here.
3) Home Staging - After any improvements are completed, you may want to consider home staging or hiring a design consultant! Staging your home can be the very reason why buyers are able to visualize themselves at home in your property. Click here for a list of my staging partners. If you’re still living at the property during the sale, check out these helpful tips on how to prepare your home.
take the first step in selling your home and call today!
DISCLOSURES & MARKETING COMPONENTS
Providing complete disclosures and reports of your home is an important strategy when selling your home and prevent the need to negotiate any unforeseen issues during escrow. Seller disclosures can be completed in person or via Glide and should include information regarding property history, improvements and the current condition. Included in my listing package is Disclosures.io, which is a cloud-based tool that stores all the disclosures and reports and is also accessible to home buyers and buyer's agents. Disclosures.io easily compiles disclosure packages with drag and drop organization and allows controlled distribution with customized invitations and alerts. Knowing who is serious about buying your home with real-time data gives us a competitive advantage when negotiating multiple offers.
Once inspections and pre-listing work is complete it’s time to start the marketing portion of selling your home! As your agent, I offer an inclusive and extensive marketing package that includes:
Descriptive marketing copy that highlights your home as well as its location
Boosted Facebook just listed post
Paid Facebook advertising through Back At You Media
Email Marketing to over 10,000 agents in the Bay Area
Broker Tour with refreshments
What clients are saying about my marketing..
WEEKLY MARKETING REVIEW
To ensure that our marketing is effective and the buyer feedback is positive, it is important that we monitor the analytics for your property. Each week, until the property is in contract, I will follow up with agents who have shown the property for buyer feedback and compile listing analytics from the property website, Disclosures.io, broadcasted listing websites, and private showings. An example of a marketing review can be seen on the right.
see how i give back to the community
ESCROW & CLOSING
Once you have accepted an offer, we will enter into the escrow period. During the escrow period, my team will:
Create an escrow calendar with automated email reminders for important dates like when the initial deposit is due and contingency removal dates. This will ensure both parties are on the same timeline.
Ensure the buyer and buyer’s agent have received all the disclosures and reports.
Review and negotiate any backup offers.
Review documents and confirm that they are properly signed and acknowledged.
Follow up on the progress of the buyer’s loan application, appraisal, and time frame.
Ensure contingency removal dates are met, review and negotiate any request for repairs (if applicable).
Schedule a final walk-through for the buyer.
SIGN OFF & CLOSING
You’ve made it through the preparation, listing and escrow stages and now it’s time to close! In the last week before closing escrow, you will:
Review the closing statement from the title company
Schedule and confirm the sign-off date
Sign-off at the title company
Once the loan is funded, the buyer’s name is recorded at the County and escrow will close. I will exchange keys with the buyer’s agent and you will receive a copy of all the disclosures and reports electronically. That’s it, you did it!
If you are selling an investment property, I can help you facilitate a Tax Deferred 1031 Exchange. I invite you to get in touch with my preferred Wealth Manager and CPA with any other questions about selling.
HAVE MORE QUESTIONS ABOUT SELLING OR THE MARKET? I’D BE HAPPY TO ANSWER THEM!
What my clients are saying..
Your Santa Cruz Real Estate Expert